From: Mary Jo Neyer <>
Subject: DNA and molecular testing in TRIBES
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 07:20:17 -0400

I mentioned that I had purchased David Miles'TRIBES, a book dealing with
the later archaeological and genetic research in Britain. I purchased it
through AmazonUK. I have now read about half the book and find it an
excellent summary of our historical understanding of the the natures of
the peoples of Britain. The first introductory chapter is a bit
wandering and not impressive, but once Mr. Miles begins his real
historical account, it is fascinating. The book's statements are also
well documented, with copious footnotes. Anyone researching families in
the British Isles MUST READ this book.
Mary Jo

This thread: