From: "ljcrain1" <>
Subject: Re: Jefferson's paternal DNA
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:29:36 -0500

I recall only getting back about three generations into Wales. His father
was called a mulatto by Jefferson's political adversaries. Although this was
probably just political rhetoric, one wonders what was the basis of the
accusation. The same people called his mother a half Indian. And if you
really delved into her tangled Tidewater English aristocratic background, I
bet you would find some Indian blood.

It would be interesting to know what a really good genealogist could
discover about both of Jefferson's parents. I have always considered
Jefferson my favorite president.

Janet Crain