From: "Eric Olson" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Kit numbers
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:51:15 -0700

Bob,

The reality is that my match from `out of the blue`, and with the same
surname, did in fact leave a name and an email contact address. It is a
12/12 match with the same surname, and can and will be used for genealogical
purposes. It is allowed. And it is desired by the participant else he
would not have made his contact information available and joined the Carroll
surname project at FTDNA. The haplogroup is R1a.

His given names are the same as Scotland's greatest hero, yet his earliest
country of origin is listed as Israel. That surprises me. My paper trail
only goes back 200+ years to Pennsylvania, and so there is about a 55/45
chance we share a common ancestor then. I am hard pressed to imagine a
scenario of an Israelite in Pennsylvania in the 1700s. Yet there it is, and
it is my only 12/12 match (save one with a different surname, and further
panels disproved any kinship).

Eric Olson
Seattle