From: Robert Stafford <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Kit numbers
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:15:44 -0700 (PDT)

I am sure National Geographic doesn't really care what people do with the information, as long as it is outside of their domain. However, it is safe to assume that they aren't going to associate their name with any project with even the slightest taint of genealogy to it. Thus, they went out of their way to stress that the Public Participation was not for genealogical purposes.

Bob Stafford

Eric Olson <> wrote:

The reality is that my match from `out of the blue`, and with the same
surname, did in fact leave a name and an email contact address. It is a
12/12 match with the same surname, and can and will be used for genealogical
purposes. It is allowed. And it is desired by the participant else he
would not have made his contact information available and joined the Carroll
surname project at FTDNA. The haplogroup is R1a.

This thread: