From: "CJMax" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Barbarian and Webster's...
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:25:06 -0500

Ray,

Thanks. A wee bit of trivia when correct is always nice to add to one's
memory bank - granted, not DNA but interesting. It may help some us feel
more comfortable and use the word more accurately when we consider using
"barbarian" in the future though. Personally, I avoid using the word
because of its very inclusive meaning to the Romans. It just signifies a
foreigner who isn't Roman. That covers a lot of ground very vaguely.

Cliff. Johnston
"May the best you've ever seen,
Be the worst you'll ever see;"
from A Scots Toast by Robert Burns