From: Thomas Krahn <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Free the P38 - and the P66
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 01:06:41 +0200

David,

I wouldn't bother with "secret" markers. They are absolutely useless in
scientific research and nobody can control, if they are typed correctly.

It is the same with CDYa/b. Nobody can really use the marker for any
serious scientific project.

There are enough other discriminating SNPs on the Y chromosome that can
be used. Just take anoter one and publish the sequence. Everybody in the
future will use your sequence later, instead of the secret SNP.

Thomas Krahn

Ken Nordtvedt wrote:

> It's bad enough FTDNA is so secret about everything they do; could you tell
> us who exactly has made P66 "unavailable" to you along with P38 and P40?
>
> Ken

This thread: