From: (David Faux)
Subject: Re: [DNA] Free the P38 - and the P66
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:21:15 +0000

Ken:

No one has made these primer sequences unavailable to us personally. According to the listings of published marker sequences there are huge gaps in the P series and P38 and P66 are but two of them. It appears that a veil of secrecy covers many of these - a problem not found with the vast majority of M markers. Hopefully it is just an oversight, but when other geneticists cannot locate the data needed to construct the primers from scratch then they are left out in the cold. If anyone stumbles across the information in their searches (it may be just a matter of them being in a "secluded spot"), kindly let all of us know and we will take it from there. Perhaps Max would be kind enough to clear up this matter to everyone's satisfaction.

David F.

> It's bad enough FTDNA is so secret about everything they do; could you tell
> us who exactly has made P66 "unavailable" to you along with P38 and P40?
>
> Ken

This thread: