From: (David Faux)
Subject: Re: [DNA] Free the P38 - and the P66
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:31:10 +0000

Thomas:

If a team of geneticists construct the "2005 Phylogenetic Chart" and include what some would consider non redundant critical markers then it is incumbent on them, as discoverers of these SNPs, to publish the primer sequences. We fully intend to publish the primer sequences once we have tested our new R1b SNP, and have shown that it is not simply a private SNP and thus useless for population genetic and genetic genealogy work.

David F.

> David,
>
> I wouldn't bother with "secret" markers. They are absolutely useless in
> scientific research and nobody can control, if they are typed correctly.
>
> It is the same with CDYa/b. Nobody can really use the marker for any
> serious scientific project.
>
> There are enough other discriminating SNPs on the Y chromosome that can
> be used. Just take anoter one and publish the sequence. Everybody in the
> future will use your sequence later, instead of the secret SNP.
>
> Thomas Krahn

This thread: