From: "Glen Todd" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] More OT - Mail clients
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:13:01 -0600

> Sure am glad it wasn't something I was doing wrong. I don't
> believe it is *only* Earthlink where this happens, but
> others might be due to how person has his settings. It's
> the only problem I've had w/Earthlink & I've learned

It probably isn't, but it's a definite gotcha with their client. For most
clients that field is configurable, and the default is blank (which causes
lists to work normally), so it isn't a problem unless somebody has gone in
and changed that setting. Earthlink Mailbox seems to be unique in
providing a 'locked' default value of the user's email address in that
field. I was just talking to a friend on another list who uses Earthlink
as her ISP but Outlook Express as her email client, and she doesn't have
this problem.

Glen

This thread: