Subject: Re: GENEALOGY-DNA-D Digest V05 #701
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:31:32 EDT

In a message dated 6/28/2005 2:57:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

> It's hard to work with exceedingly rare allele values. Depending on what
> the rest of the haplotype looks like, I'd say you might do best to ignore
> DYS19 as an outlier and concentrate on the parallels you find based on the
> other markers.
>
> Did FTDNA suggest a haplogroup for your brother?
>
> If you could post his results here (or upload them to Ysearch and give us a
> record number to look at), it might be possible to make additional
> suggestions.
>
> Not that you need confirmation of rarity, but the SMGF database has only
> one haplotype with DYS19=10; their data base includes more than 12,000
> samples.
>
> David Wilson
> Wilson Surname Project Co-adminstrator

Thank you for responding to my question, David. At SMGF the one match that
you mention is my brothers test. There were 8 matches if I eliminated that test
number, but none seem to match to my family...yet. FTDNA did not give me a
conclusive halogroup but suggested it may be R1a.
The record # at Y search is 29JF9. Thanks Debbie

This thread: