Subject: Re: [DNA] Dane / Davenport
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:52:34 EDT

Doug,

The numbers you quote are from our "Pamunkey" line of Davenports. They begin
with Davis Davenport, born about 1660 in Virginia. His ancestors are unknown.
They are WAMH (Western Atlantic Modal Haplotype). Meaning over 340 - 12/12
matches and 29 - 24/25 matches with non-Davenports. Luckily most of them filter
out at 37 markers. This line does not match the Davenports we believe trace
back to the ancient Davenport lines of Cheshire. That cluster includes the four
groups at the top of the results page -
>http://www.DavenportDNA.com/Results.htm - English, Rev. John, Albemarle, and Thomas of Dorchester. With a few
exceptions the only near matches at 25 and 37 markers are other Davenports.

Bill Davenport

In a message dated 6/27/2005 7:38:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:
At least two Davenports match the Scottish/irish 13 24 14 10 11 14 12 12 12
etc "Colla" signature which isn't very Danish; what signature are you
comparing? I have wondered how they fit into my highland pattern.

Mark MacDonald

This thread: