From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Free the P38
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:11:25 -0600

The SNP indicated by Dennis does show a cluster of "C" states (I assume they
are the derived state) around the YCC haplotypes which are in the haplogroup
I location in Butler's list of example haplotypes. That is what would be
expected for P38; the I1a and I1b haplotypes would show the derived state.
The I1c haplotype which I know is in that Butler list (but obviously not so
labeled) would not show the P38 derived state; that is connected to the
reason FTDNA has renamed that haplogroup I2. But strangely, just as Dennis
posted his message, all his sites are down, at least from my internet
connection.

Ken