Subject: Re: [DNA] Free the P38
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:36:04 EDT

In a message dated 6/29/05 11:00:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
writes:

> Ann, Is there another name for "position 922 of clone 3=11" that us
> laypeople might recognize?

No, I'm just reading it off the same table that Dennis used to suggest that
P38 could be identified, page 1498 of this citation. Dennis may have used
additional resources, which is why I asked how he figured P38 out. Incidentally,
the YCC63 sample, which is labeled P40, in the 2002 tree has two mutations in
the ARSDP pseudo-gene, so my reading of that table would mean we still don't
know the SNP that defines P40. I may not be interpreting this correctly -- I
await further enlightenment :)

http://eebweb.arizona.edu/faculty/nachman/pdfs/hammer_et_al_2003.pdf

This thread: