From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Free the P38
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:43:23 -0600

Ann, I think one of those is P30 and the other P40 --- for I1a and I1a1.

P38 seems to be the "c" appearing in 4 places for (by memory) the I1a
haplotype, two I1b haplotypes, and strangely the YCC61 haplotype which walks
and talks and looks like an old I1c haplotype but which FTDNA renamed I2
because presumably they had evidence that M223+ haplotypes were P38-?

I'm flying blind here a little because I can't get Butler's list of 20
marker haplotypes to come up on the web.

Ken