From: "Dale E. Reddick" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Re: New Haplogroup Predictor Version
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:47:46 -0400

Hi Folks,

Whit is correct regarding the MOZILLA.ORG offerings.

They are far more reliable than the Microsoft offerings. And all are
free for the download and subsequent usage. Those 'MicroSquish' apps do
tend to be riddled with security breaches (monthly security updates
requiring downloads and installations - hint, hint, hint...). And
you'll be forced to upgrade to the latest version of the MS Operating
System if you want to use the lastest versions of I.E., Outlook, or
Outlook Express (more -negative- hints)...

http://www.mozilla.org is the URL for accessing those user-friendly
web-browsers and e-mail clients offered up by the Mozilla Foundation:

Firefox is the stand-alone web browser;

Thunderbird is the stand-alone e-mail client;

Mozilla is the combined suite of applications.

I hope that this information proves to be useful.

Dale (Ye olde System Administrator of yore...) E. Reddick
________________________________

Whit Athey wrote:

>Dear Joan,
>
>I am aware that the new version of the haplogroup program is very slow. I
>have discovered something very interesting in the last few days, however.
>When I use the Firefox browser by Mozilla, the program runs approximately 15
>times faster than under IE. There are more formatting problems in Foxfire,
>but I've also discovered that clicking on refresh (which reloads the
>program, taking more time) usually gets rid of the scrunched boxes, AND
>amazingly, the values you've entered are not erased. The Firefox browser is
>a free download from mozilla.com,
>
>Whit

This thread: