From: "David Wilson" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] A Convergence Between Haplogroup A Towards the AMH
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 07:37:16 -0700

In general, there are two reasons to get a SNP test: To resolve uncertainty
or to confirm a likelihood. If you are 12/12 with the AMH and 23/25 with the
WAMH, you are extremely likely to be R1b (R1b1c, actually, but I'll let the
short form stand for the long).

I haven't looked at a standard A haplotype this morning, but I would have
expected a little more distance over 12 markers. Do you trust the source of
the A designation? Can you point us to a link where we can see it?

David Wilson