From: (David Faux)
Subject: Re: [DNA] mtDNA Haplogroups W, N, & others in Palanichamy
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:41:26 +0000

Bonnie:

The reaon why you may have had difficulty in accessing this AJHG article is that it is not quite 6 months "old". For example I am unable to obtain it for the present as it is available only to subscribers. If you have found a way around this, please inform the rest of us. I trust that you are feeling better by the time you read this missive.

David F.

> Doug wrote:
>
> >See the graphs in Palanichami, et. al. "Phylogeny of Mitochondrial DNA
> >Macrohaplogroup N in India, Based
> >on Complete Sequencing: Implications for the Peopling of South Asia"
> >in Am. J. Hum. Genetics (2004)
> >
> All of Doug's references to "the Palanichami paper" finally sank in. I
> had a little trouble accessing it for some reason, but at last I have
> it, and I'm stunned that this could have escaped me. I wish Doug or
> someone else could have told the list a little more about it before
> now! What a find. It has comprehensive phylogenetic diagrams of the
> mtDNA haplogroups within supergroup N -- the detail is such that, in
> tiny print, they cover 4 pages (divided into overall N, European R, U,
> and Indian R).
>
> The team, from China and India, with the participation of Hans-Jrgen
> Bandelt, was able to uncover many errors in previous mtDNA studies and
> phylogenetic trees, including Finnila's, although hers doesn't seem to
> have had many problems compared to others.
>
> The diagrams of haplogroups W and others within supergroup N should help
> enormously in clarifying the recent questions that have come up. I
> wonder whether folks at FTDNA have studied this?
>
> I would apply the information to Margaret's and other cases right now,
> but I am feeling a bit under the weather today and need to rest up a
> bit. Soon I hope to say more! And I think I'll post some excerpts from
> the diagrams on my website.
>
> Just a quick note: the correct spelling of the author's name is
> Palanichamy, which may help those who wish to find it online.
>
> Bonnie Schrack

This thread: