From: "George Strawbridge" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] mtDNA test/Direct Female line Native American Ancestry
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:13:33 -0700

Janet Crain re Melinda question: I have a similar situation, My
GGgrandfather, Isaac Cook,
m daughter of Edmund Bailey, who may have m a Cherokee. Son Elisha Cook m
Elizabeth
Nowell in MO., their son Francis Marion Cook m Minnie Brenot, full French,
1889, theird,
Maggie Grace Cook, was my mother. I know very very little about DNA. If I
were tested
mtDNA would that reflect my GGGgrandmothers blood line? As there are no
living male
Cooks available to test for Isaac, would this help to identify him? My YDNA
strictly Strawbridge?
Maggie G Cook m Harry Strawbridge in 1917, his line came from Yorkshire (we
think)
Joseph Strawbridge v 1750, his son, Joseph b 24 JUN 1773, probably Fawn
Tnshp, York
Co, PA. Thomas Clarkson Strawbridge b 1 AUG 1820 in Hopewell, PA. To IN and
Susan Williams, Wayne Co., IN, my Grandfather, William T. Strawbridge b
1843, Wayne
Co., IN. My father, Harry, b Whittier 1888. I b 01 JAN 1921 Whittier,
Calif.
What a mess! George E. Strawbridge, Atwater, Calif.