From: "Valerie Austin" <>
Subject: Help locating DNA Project??
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:50:37 -0700

Can anyone give some insight on what the best DNA projects are or how to
select which to join?

I am lost on this....I do know that Family Tree DNA is one and have been
on their site. I wrote to the administrator for the Warren project and
have rec'd no answer--apparently someone is trying to get the
administrator to respond or a new one will be put in place.

Here is my confusion if someone can straighten me out. The one project
on FTDNA refers to Warren's ions ago in England. I'm trying to establish
a link to Warren in the late 1700's from Maine (family line originating
there in mid 1650's). I found a website about 3 weeks ago that showed
projects on about 10 different Warren lines. I absolutely can't find
that site now in my Favorites, and I've gone back on an item by item
search in my History with no luck.

I originally found the site (I believe) on RootsWeb while looking at the
older Warren postings (might have been in the archives)...have tried and
no luck finding it again.

Can anyone suggest what I should look for to sign up with a site? My
thinking is I need to be aligned with generally someone else looking in
my "neck of the woods"...right??

ANY COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS WILL BE SOOOOO APPRECIATED.

Valerie Austin

This thread: