From: Charles <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Help locating DNA Project??
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 15:13:02 -0400

Valerie:

Contact the Project Admin for the Warren project you found at FTDNA and
discuss your goals with them. They may be very happy to have you in
their project and set up a separate sub-group within the project for
your clan. There should be a contact email for the Project Admin in the
FTDNA page for the Warren Project. If not, send a join request and take
it from there. http://www.familytreedna.com/ You can always not join if
things don't look compatible with your goals after the Project Admin
contacts you.

There are also surname projects with DNAHeritage.com and
RelativeGenetics.com.

Charles Kerchner
Emmaus PA
Newbie help page: http://www.kerchner.com/dna-info.htm

Valerie Austin wrote:
> Can anyone give some insight on what the best DNA projects are or how to
> select which to join?
>
> I am lost on this....I do know that Family Tree DNA is one and have been
> on their site. I wrote to the administrator for the Warren project and
> have rec'd no answer--apparently someone is trying to get the
> administrator to respond or a new one will be put in place.
>
> Here is my confusion if someone can straighten me out. The one project
> on FTDNA refers to Warren's ions ago in England. I'm trying to establish
> a link to Warren in the late 1700's from Maine (family line originating
> there in mid 1650's). I found a website about 3 weeks ago that showed
> projects on about 10 different Warren lines. I absolutely can't find
> that site now in my Favorites, and I've gone back on an item by item
> search in my History with no luck.
>
> I originally found the site (I believe) on RootsWeb while looking at the
> older Warren postings (might have been in the archives)...have tried and
> no luck finding it again.
>
> Can anyone suggest what I should look for to sign up with a site? My
> thinking is I need to be aligned with generally someone else looking in
> my "neck of the woods"...right??
>
> ANY COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS WILL BE SOOOOO APPRECIATED.

This thread: