From: "William Hurst" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Genographic Testing Results
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 19:03:32 -0400

Decatur wrote:

> Having been assigned M343 (with no apparent testing) it appears that some
> haplotypes are reported R1b M343 when they are added for $15 to the
> Genographic
> project.

M343 is the defining marker for R1b. If FTDNA has already estimated that you
are an R1b, that's what goes to the Genographic Project. I have been
SNP-tested positive for P25 by FTDNA; that's now the defining marker for
R1b1. But when they transferred my results to the Genographic Project, it
shows up as R1b and M343. That's the Project's decision.

Bill Hurst

This thread: