From: "Whit Athey" <>
Subject: Announcing a New On-Line Journal
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 15:24:43 -0400

Dear List,

I would like to announce the inaugural issue of a new (free) on-line
journal, the Journal of Genetic Genealogy (JoGG). A number of people, whose
names you will probably recognize as contributors to this list, have worked
very hard to bring you this journal. You may see the first issue at the
JoGG web site:

http://www.jogg.info <http://www.jogg.info/>;

While some of the articles in this first issue may appear overly technical,
we will strive to have a balance between articles of general interest and
articles that will appeal to the experts in coming issues. The main
objective for the first issue was simply to start the journal, using
material that our little group of organizers personally knew about. From
this point, we hope that the journal will be filled with articles that this
community submits, and that will have a broad appeal. We will publish full
articles, brief communications (short articles, 1-2 pages in length, focused
on a narrow subject), review articles, editorials, and letters to the
editor. If you have an idea for an article, I encourage you to contact me
to discuss it.

For each article in the journal and each shorter feature, there is an html
version suitable for reading on your screen. This version has links to
other sites and to any referenced articles. There is also a pdf version,
mostly without links, that is intended primarily for printing. The pdf
versions may be downloaded and freely distributed, subject only to the
"creative commons" agreement (see bottom of the Table of Contents page at
the site).

The web site and its design have been provided by World Families Network.

We encourage your feedback.

Whit Athey, Editor

Journal of Genetic Genealogy

Editorial Board (the board is currently expanding, but here are the
founders)

Dennis Garvey, Associate Editor

Tom Roderick, Associate Editor

Terry Barton