From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Complete Scot R1b Variety
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 20:15:13 -0600

= 19,24 had the modal duo DYS390,391 = 24,10 instead of the Atlantic Modal
24,11 which predominates with the normal R1b YCAIIa,b = 19,23

> I found a good number of other modal differences for the
DYS390,391,YCAIIa,b = 24,10,19,24 variety of R1b. Let's call it the "Scot"
R1b Variety

Scot is modal 13,30 at DYS389i,ii, while Atlantic is 13,29

> Scot is modal 30 at DYS449, while Atlantic is modal 29
>
> Scot is modal 15 at DYS456, while Atlantic is modal 16
>
> Scot is modal 18 at DYS458, while Atlantic is modal 17
>
> Scot is modal 12 at H4, while Atlantic is modal 11

Scot is modal 11 at DYS444, while Atlantic is modal 12

Scot is modal 11 at DYS461, while Atlantic is modal 12

Scot is modal 24 at C4, while Atlantic is modal 23

STR repeats are FTDNA convention, although most of the data searched was
from Sorenson database. A couple of these modal shifts are weak, but most
are very decisive shifts.

Both Sorenson and Ysearch show these haplotypes to come predominately from
Scotland, hence the nickname for the variety. Sorenson pedigrees show very,
very low occurence of the new variety in continental Europe.

Ken

This thread: