From: "Lowe DNA" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Bottlenecks and Variance
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 20:01:10 -0500

Ken and David...

Perhaps with the deep SNP testing at Ethnoancestry we
can close the 50,000+ year gap between ancient SNPs
and our recent STRS that go back only about 1,000 years.

All the other testing companies are apparently sitting on their
assets saying this cost to much, no economic benefit to us
or it is not cost effective to the customer, and not enough resources,
yadda, yadda, yadda. I tire of this rhetoric and stalling
tactics.

I predict within 5 years, that if we don't have more
definitive SNPS, STRS to pick and test with, more powerful
DNA-searchable/comparable databases that DNA testing
will become a "fad" and fall by the wayside.

We need to forge ahead...and you both are pushing in
that direction... Keep up the good work.

Ford is still not selling MODEL-T's. Last I checked they bring
out a new models every year.

Bill