From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DNA results utilized in hereditary societies?
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 07:07:56 -0600

This thread has had too much discussion of what can be "proved" or not
proved. Proof is mainly for mathematics. In the real world we just have
various pieces of knowledge with different degrees of security or
confidence. All knowledge carries the risk of being in error or not the
complete story. Laws governing our Courts and ancestral honorary societies
define what is acceptable evidence and "proof" to them; and that changes
from time to time.

I do think DNA can prove two people have a remote common
> ancestor. In fact, DNA testing has proven we all have a common ancestor
if we
person
> that common ancestor is, for the other reason you mentioned.

This thread: