From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Ken - Haplogroup ID
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 10:11:58 -0600

Diana, I found the unusual DYS388 = 16 populations especially within my
14,22,13,13 at DYS19,390,385a,b sub-population in my study of I1a. And your
haplotype has this unusual 13,13 at 385a,b as well. So your 15 at DYS19
seems to be a mutation from this bunch. These were from Sorenson database.
I will have to see who the 388 = 16 people are --- their pedigrees. Maybe
they are all "Matthiesen's" who have biased the database with a private
mutation? I know the Matthiesen name is in Sorenson.

Actually the DYS388= 16 also appears in abnormal quantity in the basic
14,22,13,14 sub-population as well, and a tiny bit in the 14,22,14,14
sub-population, so it is too extensive to be a private mutation and does
reflect some regional cluster. I'll try to track it down, but my guess just
from experience is probably Denmark.

Ken