From: Robert Stafford <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Costs, Multiplexing and Related Issues
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 16:51:36 -0700 (PDT)

David,

Vallone and Butler tested P25 with both the Marligen kit and SNaPshot. They is actually a discussion on the problems with the multicopies. They didn't seem to have any problems, but I can see how it would be a problem for less expereinced labs.

They found complete concordance between the two methods. It seems unlikely that two methods would give the same result if there was a problem. However, it would have been better to test them with a singleplex and/or sequence them just to make sure. I would assume that Marligen has done that, but who knows?

I am not clear why the test works with a singleplex and not a multiplex, if the problem is multiple copies. Maybe, there is some other problem.

Bob Stafford

David Faux <> wrote:
Anyway, for now in our lab we will stick to what we know works until studies are published that are successfully multiplex P25 and M17 - and I really don't know how many other markers will fail since so few have been reported.

This thread: