From: Doug McDonald <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] SMGF
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 13:59:36 -0500

Robert Stafford wrote:
> People seem to be forgetting about Genforum and Rootsweb surname
> lists. In the names I research, their archives are the best source
> of documented genealogical information.

For most of my names, the genealogy.com lists are much better than
Rootsweb. IF you search them for any name in my American ancestry, you
will find a post which debunks almost all my wrong web-based lines. I
really suspect only one remaining line of being bogus (Collins ... there
is one undocumented generation, and by George! (PUN INTENDED) "George
slept here" (Washington that is). It's actually perhaps correct, however.

Doug McDonald

This thread: