From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Pet Peeve
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 02:53:44 -0400

Ken,

I've never actually tried this, but...

My project's web page is a plain vanilla HTML page. If I go there using
Microsoft Internet Explorer as my browser and right click on the table, one of
the menu choices is "Export to Microsoft Excel."

But this is a time-consuming workaround for tables that are causing viewers
difficulty. We should be making our tables readable, not forcing viewers to
jump through hoops to use/view the data.

IMO, this subject isn't off-topic for the list because how well we present our
data is relevant to facilitating our research.

Diana

This thread: