Subject: Re: [DNA] SMGFGuidance please
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 19:35:54 EDT

In a message dated 08/31/05 2:05:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
writes:

> A question though. I have found 9 sets of DNA marker results for holders of
> my surname. I've been able to obtain most of their marker results and
> associated trees. Am I allowed to utilise the data in my DNA study? This almost
> doubles the number of results I have and I'm sure will add greatly to encourage
> people to take part in the study. I don't want to break any rules.

I just checked with Ugo Perego at SMGF. He said there are no rules against
utilizing data extracted from the website. I think it would be good policy to
cite the SMGF database as the source, though, perhaps even with the link you can
bookmark giving the search parameters (although I'm not sure that would be a
permanent link).

Ann Turner

This thread: