From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Basics on Ethnic Groups - Celts, Scots, Picts
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:39:09 -0700 (PDT)

Greg:

Should your information prove accurate then I suspect that there are a lot of Irish and Scottish I1a supposed types that will need SNP testing to ascertain just what flavor of haplogroup I they really are :-)

David Faux.

"Greg W. Moore" <> wrote:
David,

I have seen in various places on the Internet actually three versions of the report - one mentioning only I1b, the other mentioning only I1c, and the third listing both the I1b and the I1c as the Pictish haplogroup. That is why I would like to see the original report - and I myself have my own private (but as I believe very reliable) data on the subject ...

I just posted another brief by Dr Campbell who is listing both the I1b and I1c and their derivatives as the indigenous haplogroups of the Argyll area of Scotland, in turn ...

Greg

This thread: