From: "Peter A. Kincaid" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Haplogroup mixing effect on mutation rates
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 21:23:41 -0300

I see now what you are saying. Technically a woman has
no haplogroup as she has no Y. You are correct in that
it would be more accurate for me to have said "if the father
and maternal grandfather were of different haplogroups."
However, this does not change the principle I am trying to
get at. Hopefully I conveyed this clearly in my last
message.

Peter