From: Jim T <>
Subject: Re: Another set of extended DYS464, DYF385S1, DYF399S1 results
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

Both FTDNA and DNA-Fingerprint responded quickly to my question
about why their DYS464 numbers were different. Bennett of FTDNA
wrote "I have sent the lab a message to review your DYS 464
values. It will take a few weeks as they are still a little
overwhelmed with Genographic work in progress."

Thomas of DNA-Fingerprint wrote "I have attached the DYS464X
electropherogram of 5089.70 to this e-mail. The two peaks in the
blue dye trace have about equal heights. In the C-type trace you
can see a clear peak at 15 repeats and a smaller peak at 17
repeats. This means that there are 2 alleles at 15 and one
allele at 17. The green trace shows another allele at 17
repeats. So from my point it's very clear, that the DYS464
alleles are 15-15-17-17 (15c-15c-17c-17g in the extended
nomenclature) as I reported earlier."

David Reynolds also got different DYS464 results from FTDNA and
DNA-Fingerprint. I'm going to get mine tested at a third lab.