From: Thomas Krahn <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Re: Another set of extended DYS464, DYF385S1, DYF399S1results
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 16:52:21 +0200

OrinWells wrote:

> In my project only one family, a group of 14 individuals we are pretty
> certain are all related probably back about the mid 1600s and two we
> can not connect or likely connect well back before that time frame,
> have tested with the 15.3 value on DYS464b.

Orin,
Are the 15.3 people considered to be E3b? The DYS464 15.3 allele is
frequently found in the E3b haplogroup (although it is sometimes
reported as 16).

The interesting thing about Dave's DNA is, that he's clearly R1b, but
also has the 15.3 allele and the 15.3 allele is even the g-type like in E3b.

Thomas

--
DNA-Fingerprint Tel.: +49-3329/697464
Fasanenstrasse 25a http://www.dna-fingerprint.com