From: "Peter A. Kincaid" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Re: Another set of extended DYS464, DYF385S1, DYF399S1 results
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 18:06:23 -0300

People may accept certain statistics in terms of error rates. However,
try telling this to someone who gets results that indicate they are not
part of the family that they thought they were. This is as personal as it
can get and if an error occurred it is not acceptable. What is acceptable
is that testing companies, knowing that errors do occur, have a policy of
rechecking results without questions if a person contacts them with
concerns about an error that may have suggested a non paternity event.

Peter