From: Robert Stafford <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Re: Another set of extended DYS464, DYF385S1, DYF399S1 results
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 17:28:04 -0700 (PDT)

I agree that we should expect them to be as accurate as possible. Relative Genetics is the only one that addresses the question on their website. See:

http://www.relativegenetics.com/relativegenetics/choosing_company.htm See paragraph 4.

Running samples twice on separate tracks seems to be the best way to eliminate errors.

Bob Stafford

wrote:
List,

I am a complete novice but if different labs get different results on the
same person.. how often does this happen? This would seem to be a serious
problem if folks are paying for tests that cost a pretty good chunk of money and
then may receive a false or partially inaccurate 12,25,37, 43 or whatever
marker result. If the labs are over booked, does that make the ones testing the
samples work too fast and not have proper controls over results? Too much
pressure? Do some labs have better testing methods and history of accuracy?

This thread: