From: Robert Stafford <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Re: Another set of extended DYS464, DYF385S1, DYF399S1 results
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 17:07:44 -0700 (PDT)

Of course, RG and DNAH run two tests on each sample in different batches, so we don't need to ask for a second run. However, I was wondering what it takes to get FTDNA to do a second run, because of this post on Genforum, which was somewhat surprising at the time. It stated:

"The Company admitted to making a mistake in the test, but refuse to do the DNA test over, leaving this person hanging.....We have contacted the Company & all we get is the run around!"

http://genforum.genealogy.com/dna/messages/446.html

The company was not named, but did 12-marker and 37-marker tests.

Bob Stafford

wrote:

Bob said: "Did FTDNA ever rerun a sample for you at no charge?"

Absolutely. And I have not heard of anyone that has been charged for
rechecking.

Bill D

In a message dated 9/29/2005 7:13:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,