From: Robert Stafford <>
Subject: Test Errors (Was: Another set of extended.....)
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 06:04:15 -0700 (PDT)

DNAH is the one that doesn't store samples, but they hold onto them for long enough for people to question the results.. RG stores them for 20 years.

However, the question of customer-generated reruns is a moot point in both casees. Both re-check each and every sample by running them in another batch through the testing process. If there were conflicting results or ambiguities, they would have run a third test before the results were posted.

Bob Stafford

"Peter A. Kincaid" <> wrote:
I would note that, from what I recall, not all the labs are in the position
to do what FTDNA did because they do not store the samples. It is
pretty hard to recheck a test when you don't have the same sample to
test from.

This thread: