From: "Daniel Jenkins" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Seperating Danish from Anglo-Saxon?
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:59:57 +0000

Ken,

In Kent , in a matter of less than 50 years , the early Jutes, now natives
of Kent , considered themselves somewhat distinct from the next wave of
settlers in late 400s . The early settlers were primarily living south of
the Medway River and the later settlers were in the northwest area mainly at
Rochester and Greenwich. To this day the southern people refer to themselves
as Men of Kent while those northwest of the Medway are called Kentish Men.
There was some snobbery in this as the first Jutes felt they were more
refined than the later Jutes. Even Roman historians noted this.

Russell , as a note I will be in Tasmania in November visiting my maternal
uncle Dan Gallagher and his wife and seven children. I found them there
after 25 years of searching. Dan was originally from Londonderry , Northern
Ireland . I am bringing a FTDNA Y-DNA test kit to have Dan G. tested in
order to learn more info. about the Gallagher line . The Gallaghers are said
to be of mysterious origins , and some feel they may be of the Spanish Moors
of Milesia in Spain. The results should be interesting. The next step is to
have my sisters dau. tested for her McCool MTDNA . My mothers' mother was a
McCool. All in all shows how DNA for lineage founders are all over the
planet.

Dan Jenkins
member " Association of Men of Kent and Kentish Men and Fair Maidens" Weald
Branch.