From: "Daniel Jenkins" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Seperating Danish from Anglo-Saxon?
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:08:52 +0000

Ken,

Leeds Castle is at Maidstone and so your ancestor would be a Man of Kent.
Leeds castle is sometimes also referred to as Badlesmere Castle. It dates
from Saxon Times about 857. Maidstone is the home of The Centre For Kentish
Studies. The Town and the Centre are great places for visiting and research.
I have twice done research there, but it would take years to see all the
info. they hold, but you can access some of their records at the" at
WWW.a2a.org.uk website on the web. Very interesting stuff pops up. Put your
ancestors last name into the search box and it will show you all archived
records where the name shows up in England from the earliest times.

Dan