From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Haplogroup I differences
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 08:25:23 -0600

With your 8 at DYS455 I don't think you need any confirmations. Add the 14
at DYS388 and there is no doubt these are I1a haplotypes.

Mutations happen! That's why there is today so much variation among
mankind, although tens of thousands of years ago there were just a few
haplotypes representing the small group of out-of-Africa males who
originated all the rest of the races of man.

In your first haplotype your 393 = 15 is quite unusual and your 13,30 at
389i,ii is also rare.

Your second haplotype is probably a mutation from 14 at DYS19 or a mutation
from 22 at DYS390. If you look again at my text I mention that the I1a-AS
has many satellite populations where either DYS19 or DYS390 mutated to
neighboring values. A forthcoming chart will show the relative populations
of these forms. I mention that DYS19 = 15 is one of these neighboring
forms. I could hardly forget it; as I'm it.

Ken