From: "Denise" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 17:27:44 -0500

Thanks to all who responded to my question about my friend's possible
descent from a white slave owner. I'll pass your comments on and no doubt
they help my friend make a decision as to whether or not to be tested either
doing a DNA - Print or the Y - DNA test. Personally, if it were up to me I
wouldn't be able to resist and I would have a male family tested to possibly
shed some light on the situation!

As far as I tell, the family's genealogical record trail does trace back to
the 1790 census without a hitch corresponding to the family's account of
what took place right down to the exact location and some of the names of
family members. Unfortunately, the slave owner was a "single man" who lived
with his spinster sister so there may not be a European ancestor to use as a
comparison.

Thanks again.
Denise