From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] H Haplo?
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 10:13:09 -0700

H is extremely unusual in Europe, and maybe in the world. If you are SNP
defined as H, and your son and cousin have haplotypes that match yours, then
you can with high confidence conclude they are H as well. H broke off from
all the other groups tens of thousands of years ago.

M69+ is a particular site in your ydna where one molecule possessed by most
everyone in the world got mutated to another molecule, defining H, and
leading to all descendants of this H founder having this "derived" molecule
(the one mutated to in the founder) as well.

Ken