Subject: Re: [DNA] H Haplo?
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 12:18:56 EST

In a message dated 11/04/05 9:08:57 AM Pacific Standard Time,

> David you are quite correct. FTDNA did my snp for free for what ever their
> reasons were, I won't object lol. My son's snp and my cousins snp hasn't been
> done, so thiers is estimated H.
> I haven't a clue what M69 means really.

It won't be necessary to have your son or cousin take the SNP test -- your
results will apply to them.

M69 is just a label for a marker, like a part number in a catalog. There's a
good paper by Jobling called "The Human Y Chromosome," which lists the
markers and how they define haplogroups, along with lots of other interesting
information about the Y chromosome:

It may be a bit technical for you right now, but look at the diagrams and
save it for reference. You'll soon find that more and more makes sense :)

Ann Turner

This thread: