From: William L Harvey <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Genographic Project SNP results
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:12:57 -0800

I'll give this a try as I was part of a thread about a month ago
discussing this :

As an Administrator -

your public website provided by FTDNA shows SNP defined haplogroups in
*black text* - all non-SNP defined haplogroups show as "black text dashes".

when, as an administrator, you click on "generate Y-DNA Results for copy
& paste" the resultant participant table indicates SNP defined
haplogroups in *green text"; predicted/estimated haplogroups in *red
text*; and non-predicted/non-specified as *black text dashes*.

A further confusing condition is that the many privately constructed
Y-DNA result tables do not follow any set pattern for haplogroup display.

Hope this is clearer than mud.

Bill Harvey