Subject: Re: [DNA] Genographic Project SNP results
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 14:55:09 EST

Bill and Chris,

I am a new project administrator using right now strictly FTDNA's
automated spreadsheet. I see what Bill is saying as I now have 5 Genographic
project members. One of them shows a black haplogroup entry and all the others show
dashes. Similarly for the FTDNA generated results I see one black haplogroup
designation entry and all the rest have dashes.
So apparently what I am seeing is the result of two actual SNP tests-
shown in black -- one at Genographic project and one at FTDNA and by using
FTDNA's strictly automated spreadsheet the estimated ones do not show up. To get
some additional haplogroups shown I will have to use the "generate Y-DNA
Results for copy
& paste" admin tool to see the green SNP tested ones and the red estimated
ones and will then still have some with dashes indicating unknown haplogroup.
We plan to develop our own spreadsheet using the same green, red and dash
nomenclatures and throw in probably additional designations for SNP tests at
other labs. Probably until some standard is developed for that we will note
clearly the SNP test was done at another specific lab. If we elect to show other
marker test results by other labs we will develop some method for that. I
guess there isn't yet a standard in spreadshhets to show other lab's marker
results and SNP tests but it seems like it would be nice to have some standard on
this also..

Ed

In a message dated 11/04/2005 1:13:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,