From: <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] H Haplo?
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 23:07:46 -0000

Don

thanks for posting your queries to the list. Your haplotype matches very
closely the Gypsy haplotypes in the following article:
http://evolutsioon.ut.ee/publications/Zhivotovsky2004.pdf
As you have been told, H is rare amongst people of western European origin.
Men in this haplogroup who have been tested for more than 12 markers are
very rare, so I hope you will be able to upgrade to 25 or even 37 markers
sometime in the future. As Ken said, H is a close cousin of I, but no one
really knows yet how close or precisely how G,H,I,J and K relate to each
other. With enough data we might get more of an idea of ancestral values at
the points at which these groups split from each other.

Best wishes

Gareth