From: <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] 2nd FTDNA conference
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:15:11 -0000

David

the question I put to Max is whether the new marker DYS724, for which primer
sequences have been published (by Alan Redd of the U of A team), is the same
locus as FTDNA's CDY. It is in the right place and could be predicted to
have similar repeat lengths and mutational properties. I think Thomas is
intending to add DYS724 to his list but it would save a lot of time and
effort if we knew for sure whether it is really a new marker or just CDY
under a different name.

Gareth