From: "Gaila & James Merrington" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] German Ancestry at Philadelphia early
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:30:08 +1100

There is an excellent Australian book called The Lost German Slave Girl :
The Extraordinary True Story of the Slave Sally Miller and Her Fight for
Freedom
by John Bailey- it was taken from court records in Louisiana regarding a
white slave . It talks about Germans coming to the US and the conditions
they found enroute and upon arrival and the conditions in Germany which
initiated their voyage.
Was she German or was she black?

If we had access to Sally's daughters daughters, we might be able to
decipher whether she was white or black.
Gaila

This thread: