From: John Lerch <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] autosomal testing leads to breakthrough
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 11:58:38 -0600

There are a number of enclaves in Eastern Europe where German settlers
settled at various "invitations" since the early 13th century. My
father-in-law is from one such small area. Although these areas were
also areas where subsequent "invitees" had a slightly higher likelihood
of settling, their pool is relatively undisturbed. I was
wondering--before my father-in-law and other emigrees from his village
die--how much info can be gleaned?
I guess if I were to experiment on an isolated population with a
genealogy that goes back only say 1/3 of the way to the founders, I
would determine how many of the population were homozygous for any of
the markers I were using.
JAL

This thread: